The question about if water can clear up acne scars probably developed because water is known to help people control their acne. The role water plays in controlling acne is by flushing the body of acne toxins. But unfortunately, once you have developed acne scars, starting to consume water will not help in clearing up the scars. But all is not lost; there are ways to clear up acne scars. You need to determine what type of scarring you have and then find the best way to clear up that type of scarring.
There are five types of scars that have been identified. They are:
* The Boxcar – These scars are oval with steep sides and are usually on the temples or/and cheeks.
* The Ice Pick- Scars like this look like they were formed by an ice pick. They look like pits and are small and deep. These are the most common type of acne scars received.
* Keloid Scars- These are tissue masses that occur at the site of the infection. Usually raised and red in color.
* Rolling Scars- These appear as waves on the face because they are shallow in-depth but wide.
Other than trying to drink water to remove your acne scars, there are some proven methods to clear up your skin. Some of these methods are:
* Fractional Laser Therapy- Your dermatologist using a laser performs this. It removes the damaged skin in fractions which will clear up your scars.
* Pock Mark Filler- These are provided over the counter and are best for scars that have mild depressions.
* Chemical Peels- These will remove the dead skin and expose fresh skin gradually removing the visibility of your scars.
* Honey- Try putting honey on your scars a few times a day. Let the honey dry on the blemishes and scars and then after about 20 minutes rinse with warm water. Not only will it clear up your blemishes, but will also remove your scars.
The best way to remove your scaring is to minimize the acne you get by cleansing your face twice a day. But if you do have scarring, visit your dermatologist to get professional advice.