There are many ways in which we can reduce the appearance of acne, whiteheads, blackheads or pimples; whatever you want to call it, it is possible to reduce it, although almost impossible to eliminate it 100%. Genetics play an important role in acne breakouts but other external and internal factors are also to be blamed for this; professional help and personal commitment are needed in order to reduce this common disease.
1. Stress Levels: In adult acne, this is probably the main cause of breakouts; the first step to take is to reduce what is causing it. Having a good night sleep on a regular basis is probably the first thing you should do; read a book before going to bed and avoid watching TV 30 minutes before bed time; practice yoga, Pilates or any other form of relaxing activity. You will not only feel and look better but will present a lower recurrence of acne.
2. Eat Healthily: Although there are many researchers that prove that some food won’t automatically produce acne; it is thought that some people are more susceptible to react to some food, this is especially noticeable in your skin; always try for a diet packed with fruit and vegetables as well as low in saturated fat and rich in vitamins and antioxidants; butter, chocolates and spicy food might be causing your acne.
3. Skin Products: Skin products might be the reason of this skin disease; always look for non-comedogenic product in order to avoid any reaction; however, many of us are allergic to ingredients commonly used in beauty products. Watch out for products causing you acne and avoid to use it.
4. Hygiene: Wash your face before going to bed in order to remove impurities and any chemical product that you have applied such as facial creams or sunscreen; this will avoid that your pores become clogged. Also, try to wash your hands before touching your face in order to spread bacteria that might cause acne.
5. Best Product for Acne: Retinoid, a vitamin A derivative is the best product to reduce adult acne breakout; the formula has been tested for many years now and its efficiency confirmed by many experts; the best part of using Retinoid if you are an adult is that it will also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles – ideal for aging skin; however, many people tend to be very sensitive to this product so you must test it for a few weeks before confirming its effectiveness on your skin; it is believed that it will cause an initial reaction at the beginning of the treatment; however, this will calm down with time.